Returns and Refunds
At My Picture Puzzle our puzzles are made to order and we do our very best to provide a puzzle that exceeds your expectations.
Under Australian Consumer Law we are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you:
- change your mind, or
- use the wrong specifications* when placing an order, or
- use the wrong photo or electronic file when placing an order.
*Specifications include, but are not limited to, the size or shape or number pieces for the puzzle; as well as the packaging or type of material used to make the puzzle.
This policy details the circumstances in which we will provide a refund or replacement should it be required.
Changing an Order
If you would like to change your order please phone 0421 028 165 as soon as possible.
We will do our best to accommodate the requested changes, however additional cost may be applicable. Eg you change from an A3 240 piece puzzle to a 300 piece puzzle when the order has already been started, or you upgrade to a larger size puzzle.
The order will be dispatched upon full payment of any additional costs.
A refund will not be provided in the event that you change to a smaller sized puzzle after previewing your image cropped to puzzle proportions. This is in recognition of the time invested in your order prior to it being manufactured.
Cancelling an Order
If you would like to cancel your order please phone 0421 028 165 as soon as possible.
If your order has not been started we will provide a full “no questions asked” refund.
In the event the order has been started a refund will not be provided as each puzzle is made for a specific order and cannot be on-sold to recover costs.
Problem with an Order
Under Australian Consumer Law you can choose a refund or a replacement if the puzzle has a major problem. A major problem is when the puzzle:
- is not what you specified in your order
- has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the puzzle had they known about it
- is significantly different from the sample or description
Alternatively, you can choose to keep the item and we will compensate you for any drop in value.
Damaged in Transit
In the unfortunate event that your order is damaged during transit you have two options for compensation.
- You may choose to directly apply for compensation from Australia Post and there will be no further claims against My Picture Puzzle, irrespective of the outcome of your claim with Australia Post. Further information can be found at https://auspost.com.au/receiving/missing-damaged-or-delayed-items/compensation
- You may choose to notify My Picture Puzzle immediately via email using email@example.com
- Please include in your email the following information:
- Photos clearly showing any damage to the Australia Post satchel, packaging, the puzzle box and any other item that was damaged during transit, and
- Signed Waiver Form enabling My Picture Puzzle to receive any compensation payable from Australia Post.
Upon receipt of the requested information, and after confirmation with Australia Post a claim for compensation has not already been lodged, My Picture Puzzle will provide a replacement of the damaged items as soon as practicable using standard Australia Post delivery methods at no cost to you.
Whilst the majority of orders are dispatched to meet expected delivery dates, delivery is at the discretion of Australia Post and cannot be guaranteed by My Picture Puzzle.
As such refunds are not payable if delivery is delayed by Australia Post or delivered after the anticipated delivery date and/or ‘required by’ date.
Lost in Transit
If your order does not arrive as expected please notify My Picture Puzzle using firstname.lastname@example.org so that a Missing Mail Enquiry may be lodged with Australia Post. Anticipated delivery time frames can be checked at https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/?ilink=ff-#-1 using 4129 as the “From” postcode.
Please note that Australia Post allows 10 working days from receipt of the Missing Mail Enquiry to locate the item and it cannot be declared ‘lost’ and compensation considered until after that time has elapsed.
If an item is declared ‘Lost’ by Australia Post, a replacement or full refund will be provided to you by My Picture Puzzle upon confirmation you have not received compensation directly from Australia Post. Replace or refund will be at your discretion.
Restrictions on Refunds and Replacements
- We use the image / electronic file that you supply and we specifically do not offer editing services on the website or charge for editing services. As such we do not provide a refund if you are unhappy with the sharpness, clarity, or colour of the image on the finished puzzle. Please see FAQ’s for more information regarding the changes we may make to your image.
- Refunds and replacements for missing pieces will not be provided as all puzzles are weighed prior to dispatch to confirm all pieces have been packaged.
- Requests for refund or replacement must be received by phone or email within 14 calendar days of the order dispatch date, ie the date the order is posted to you. This date can be confirmed by checking the email sent to you on the day your order was dispatched. It may be in junk mail.
Please keep your order confirmation email for reference should it be required.
My Picture Puzzle is committed to providing a product you are pleased to receive. If you have any questions or concerns about your new puzzle please phone 0421 028 165 as soon as possible, or email email@example.com
Last Updated 5 Jun 2020